How Long Does It Take to Learn Python?
Before we go into how long it really takes to learn Python, the good news is – You are interested in learning Python! Also, Python developers have the opportunity to earn a high salary with less experience, according to StackOverflow.
There’s no one right answer to how long you might take to learn Python, it depends on a plethora of factors that determine your progress and the time you require to invest in learning to code in Python. So let’s get started.
You might already know that Python is a programming language with many characteristics, including an intuitive syntax and powerful data structures, which can lead to efficient codes. It’s no wonder that this makes it a favorite among beginners as well as experienced developers.
Python is a great language for beginners to learn, as it is relatively easy to read and understand, and also the presence of a large community of experienced developers who are willing to help newcomers in Python.
So in this article, we cover how long it takes to learn Python and a few important factors that affect the transition from beginner to expert in Python.
How long will it take to learn Python?
You might be wondering how much time to spend on learning Python, how quickly you can learn Python, and what you need to do to successfully learn Python, right?
A clear answer to this question is dependent on who is asking.
Are you a high school graduate? A person with prior programming experience? Do you come from a completely new background such as management, fashion, or any other conceivable field other than technical, or do you have any previous tech experience?
- Previous programming experience: Assuming you’ve composed code previously, you might find that you get Python all the more rapidly.
- Method of Learning: All-around organized courses in accordance with your objectives can at times speed up your learning.
- Learning Time: How many hours could you set aside to dedicate yourself to learning Python? A few hours a day is usually sufficient.
How Long it takes to Grasp Python Skills!
- Quick Start: You can gain working knowledge with Python in an incredible 7 to 30 days!
- Web Development Projects: You can cruise your way into building websites and apps with Python in just 1 to 2 months.
- Data Analyst Level: You can achieve this at an incredible pace within just 3-6 months, opening up a great number of programming job opportunities.
- Experienced Pythoner or Pythonista – you will surely get here in 2 to 3 years, as you start working with projects requiring Python skills. And the good news is that you’ll most probably be enjoying a great career in the IT sector to sail to this point with ease!
Some of the factors that speed up your learning Python progress are fluency in English, experience in programming in another language before, knowledge of mathematical logic, and so on.
What is my reason for learning Python?
There are many great reasons to learn Python. However, you need to answer this to yourself and gain clarity in your purpose for learning to enhance your progress with learning Python, as you have set a clear purpose for your journey.
People have various reasons for learning Python programming;
- Career and job opportunities: Are you planning to shift your career or start working for the IT sector? Are you planning on upskilling and growing within your organization? Or are you interested in transitioning to a more lucrative and secure technical job?
- Automation: Do you require knowledge of Python to help you automate repetitive tasks that you regularly do in your job and private life?
- Personal Interest: We all have the curiosity to equip ourselves with technical skills that can help our intellectual and professional journeys.
- Build Games or Apps: You might have a great idea for games or apps and need to learn more to build a well-rounded product.
Understanding your need to learn Python will help you both set a timeline, and a path to learn the Python skill and ace any technical interview questions.
Job Opportunities and Earning Potential for Python?
- Python Developer Roles Are in High Demand! Python has a great scope in the global market because of its benefits and versatility. In programming, Python is one of the top three languages in the world, and due to its worldwide popularity, you are poised to land a job anywhere in the world.
- Python programming is a general-purpose skill relevant in many fields;
Finance and trading
Mapping and GIS
Graphics in Computers
Therefore, by learning a multi-purpose skill like Python, you will open many possibilities and opportunities where you can match your profile to job roles with Python programming skills.
- Related Article: Learn to Code: A Guide for Aspiring Web Developers
How to track my coding progress when learning Python?
Map your progress when you learn a programming language, by checking your awareness of the coding language. Have you learned the syntax in Python? Are you able to use the different Python libraries without referring to the web? Or you are able to swim through effortlessly and apply Python to achieve the desired outcome?
Stage 1: Novice Python: You are new to Python, so in this stage, you do not understand its uses, and how things work with the Python language. You do not yet possess the ability to recognize any errors in Python code.
Stage 2: Beginner Python: If you have ever taken a foreign language course, relate this stage to the part where you start learning the structure of the language because this stage is somewhat similar and requires your time and effort to get the basics of Python right.
Stage 3: Working Ability Python: By now, you have probably achieved the working knowledge and ability in Python because you possess enough Python knowledge and practice to get an entry-level position as a software developer and also apply programming knowledge to improve workflows in your current job or to build your own projects.
Voila! Stage 4: And here you are! You are no longer focusing on which gear to use while driving but have learned to enjoy the journey to the destination itself.
How can I self-learn Python?
Learning anything in the right way can be pivotal in the success or failure of your efforts, and many students at TECH I.S. felt it necessary to have the right instructions when learning to code. At TECH I.S., we’ve helped many students learn Python and get jobs as developers or data scientists, all on their own schedules and from the comfort of their own homes. We know that only watching lecture videos and answering multiple-choice questions to receive online certification is not sufficient, you must practice writing actual codes into real-time projects that are common in IT sectors.
How should I manage self-learning Python?
Learning anything in the right way can be pivotal in the success or failure of your efforts, and many students at TECH I.S. have felt it necessary to have the right instruction when they are learning to code. At TECH I.S., we’ve helped many students learn Python and get jobs as developers or data scientists, all on their own schedules and from the comfort of their own homes. We know that only watching lecture videos and answering multiple-choice questions to receive online certification is not sufficient, you must practice writing actual codes into real-time projects that are common in IT sectors.
Related Article: What exactly is a coding bootcamp?
Become a Python Developer
Having a great curriculum and tutors helps you learn the basics of Python to excel in your current job, or even allows you to start a new career in the IT field, effortlessly. TECH I.S.’s interactive courses offer instant, hands-on learning and a community of fellow students who will help you on your journey.
If your goal is to not only learn Python for web development or data science but also land your first job in IT quickly with your expertise, TECH I.S. is the place for you. By the time you’re finished with our easy-to-learn lessons, you’ll already be well on the path to learning Python.
Get started today on our Web Development Course completely free, and you can launch your first code in minutes! Can’t find the right coding course? Don’t worry, our Coding Bootcamp is just what you need. Visit TECH I.S. for more information.